International reporters witnessed firsthand the aftermath of Hamas’ slaughter of Israeli civilians in Kibbutz Kfar Aza.
On Tuesday, October 10, the IDF took dozens of foreign journalists to see for themselves the death and destruction left behind by Hamas terrorists in Kibbutz Kfar Aza, reports The Times of Israel.
The reporters, wearing helmets and flak jackets, were accompanied by IDF soldiers while explosions and artillery fire were heard in the background and bodies of Palestinian terrorists still lay outside fire-scarred homes.
The IDF soldiers wearing full combat gear continue to clear homes in the destroyed kibbutz. “It’s not a war,” General Itai Veruv, head of the IDF’s Depth Command, told reporters, “It’s not a battlefield. You see the babies, the mothers, the fathers in their bedrooms, in their protection rooms, and how the terrorists kill them. It’s not a war… it’s a massacre.”
“It’s something I never saw in my life. It’s something I used to imagine of my grandmother and my grandfather in Europe and other places,” he said.
Earlier on Tuesday, the IDF said it had finally regained control over the border with the Gaza Strip, some 72 hours after Hamas terrorists blew through sections of the barrier and launched an invasion, slaughtering over 900 Israelis and kidnapping more than 100 to Gaza.